A collection service for deposit bottles and cans is set to be launched soon in limited zones from Encounter Bay to Victor Harbor, Middleton and Goolwa. Collections will be conducted MONTHLY, on the first Wednesday of the month.
Only bottles and cans (plastic, glass or aluminium) including the 10c deposit logo will be eligible for inclusion in and payment by the service.
- You will pay a one-off payment for the indefinite lease of a bin. The bin will be swapped each time it is emptied and you will be responsible for ensuring the bin is maintained in good condition while at your home or business.
- We will pay you 6c per deposit item (to cover the costs associated with the collection service).
- A minimum of 200 acceptable items will be required for each collection.
- You will be responsible for booking your bin collection, and to ensure your bin is placed in the correct place in time for the collection.
- You will need to nominate the bank account to which the funds will be deposited – this may be someone else’s bank account, or even that of a charitable organisation.
Collections will be offered in the following areas:
- Victor Harbor
- Port Elliot
- Encounter Bay
- Hayborough, McCracken, Hindmarsh Valley & Chiton
- Middleton (first collection April 2024)
- Goolwa (first collection April 2024) – excludes Hindmarsh Island and Currency Creek
You can click on the above links to see the maps of the areas covered by the new service, or CLICK HERE to see all of the area maps.
CLICK HERE to read the full list of Terms and Conditions which you will be agreeing to when purchasing a lease to be part of our collection program.